- Is your BMI (body mass index) greater than 25?
- Calculate your BMI on the what’s trending page
- Is your waist circumference 35 inches or more if you are a woman, and 40 inches or more if you are a man?
- Measure your waist and your hip. Divide Waist/Hip to get your Waist to Hip Ratio. Is it > .85 if you are a woman, and >.95 if you are a man?
- Is your blood pressure above 130/85 mm HG (Answer YES if either number is higher)
BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL
- Is your fasting blood sugar greater than 100mg/dl?
- Is your fasting insulin high?
- Are your triglyceride levels above 150 mg/dl?
- Is your “good” cholesterol, HDL less than 50mg/dl if you are a woman, and less than 40 mg/dl if you are a man?
- Is your total cholesterol above 200 mg/dl?
If you answered YES to 3 or more of the questions above, further evaluation is recommended. Metabolic syndrome is diagnosed when 3 or more of the symptoms above occur together.
Nutritional and lifestyle change therapies can reverse these trends and bring your body back into balance. We use a highly effective program called First Line Therapy, a core 12 week program utilizing nutritional and lifestyle therapies.
The First Line Therapy program incorporates nutrition, exercise, lifestyle modification, motivation, stress management,and nutritional supplementation, including medical foods, that target the imbalances in your body, change your body composition, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and normalizes your blood sugar control. The medical foods have targeted nutrition that significantly enhance outcomes during the program.
For more information, call us at 248 652-2323 to schedule a quick 10 minute consultation